08 August 2011

Logo Thing

Just a quick post before I head into work.

DC has been gradually releasing complete covers including logos for the DC New Universe (DCNU) 52 relaunch. Other than a few exceptions, they've been pretty uninspired if not plain ugly. But I just now stumbled upon a bit perfection:


It's like The Cramps' logo meets classic pulp 'zines like Eerie and Creepy. I'm not as familiar as I'd like with the character of Swamp Thing (I know, I know) but Scott Snyder and Yanick Paquette's relaunch has raced to the top of my DCNU pull list.

[Edit: It seems I might have stumbled upon an unknown cover source in regards to Swamp Thing specifically, so these images in more can be found at Comic Vine.]

Morning Playlist: Jay-Z & Kanye West, Watch the Throne | Tortoise, Millions Now Living Will Never Die





No comments: